CCC Releases 2023 Crash Course Report, Providing Market Data and Insights on the Trends Impacting the P&C Insurance Economy
Report identifies macro trends, business drivers, and technologies reshaping consumer driving, vehicle ownership, automotive claims, and collision repair
Crash Course 2023 is the 28th edition of CCC’s industry-leading report, which draws insights from the more than
“Macroeconomic trends like inflation, supply chain constraints, and labor shortages are putting pressure on an industry that is simultaneously managing through major advancements in vehicle technology, including the growing popularity of advanced driver safety systems (ADAS) and EVs,” said
Verlen continued, “This year’s Crash Course explores these factors and more, providing data and analysis on the industry’s path forward. We’ve subtitled our report ‘The Era of Experience’ as businesses across the industry navigate the balance between automation, AI, and the human touch, to facilitate richer, more personalized consumer experiences with their customers.”
Key topics covered in Crash Course 2023 include:
- Shifts in consumer driving behaviors and the changing nature of auto accidents, resulting in more severe vehicle damage and bodily injury.
- The impact of labor shortages on vehicle repair and medical treatment costs, claim and repair resolution times, and consumers’ experiences with the overall claims process.
- Growing consumer interest in new vehicle technology – ADAS and EVs —and the benefits and subsequent increases in repair complexity.
- Increasing proliferation of advanced technology - AI, mobile, cloud, and the Internet of Things –embedded in claims and repair processes to temper the effects of macro trends and user experiences.
- A view into what’s next for the operational future of automakers, insurers, repairers, and other ecosystem providers.
In addition to macro trends and topics, CCC Crash Course 2023 also includes industry-level detail on claims frequency and severity, parts costs and utilization, total loss trends, and more.
Download the full report here.
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the following words: “may,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “should,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “project,” “potential,” “continue,” “ongoing” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. These statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from the information expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding future use and performance of CCC’s digital solutions. Such differences may be material. We cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements in this press release will prove to be accurate. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, among others, competition, including technological advances and new products marketed by competitors; changes to applicable laws and regulations and other risks and uncertainties, including those included under the header “Risk Factors” in most recently filed Form 10-K by CCC with the
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230314005024/en/
CCC Media Contact:
email@example.com | 773.791.3675